ICTS Course no.: PHY-422.5
Class timings: TBA
First meeting: TBA
The topics to be covered are:
- Basics of random walks including method of generating functions and the first passage problem
- Basics of Markov processes.
- Brownian motion, classical and quantum Langevin equations
- Fokker Planck equations and quantum master equations
- Interacting particle systems: Glauber dynamics and exclusion process
- Linear response theory
The course will be aimed at understanding formalism through examples.
Requirements: Students should have a solid basic knowledge of statistical physics and quantum physics
- Stochastic processes in physics and chemistry: van Kampen
- Nonequilibrium Statistical Physics: Noelle Pottier
- Teacher: Abhishek Dhar